American swimmer, Amanda Beard, is a seven times Olympic-medalist. She also acted in the TV series: The Real World (1992), The Girls Next Door (2005), and in the movie Todd's Coma (2005).
Married Life With Husband, Children
Amanda has been married to Sacha Brown since 2009.
Amanda Beard and her husband, Sacha Brown in November 2019 (Photo: Amanda Beard's Instagram)
Together, the couple has two children; one son and a daughter. Amanda’s son named Blaise Ray Brown was born on 15th September 2009. And her daughter Doone Isla Brown was born on 19th June 2013.
The two first met in a photoshoot and hit it off. The got engaged in 2008’s Christmas. Sacha proposed her by hiding a ring inside Tiffany’s box, which was kept under Santa’s statue inside their house in Tuscon.
After a year of exchanging a ring, they tied the knot on 1st May 2009 at Wakatobi, an archipelago in the Banda Sea off southeastern Indonesia. Only the local villagers witnessed the wedding as it was very low-key.
Another Olympic-Gold Medalist: Kyla Ross Family, Ethnicity, Relationship Status, Olympics, Record, 2017
On their special day, both the groom and bride appeared in the local Muslim custom. Amanda was covered in the black, long-sleeved tunic, a sarong, and a white veil, whereas Sacha appeared in a sarong, hat, and a sword.
Who Is Sacha Brown?
Amanda’s husband, Sacha, is a photographer. He is recognized for working in movies like Dr. Phil (2002), County General (2005), and Celebrity Wife Swap (2012).
As per Celebrity Net Worth, Amanda’s net worth is $4 million.
Bio And Family
Amanda was born as Amanda Ray Beard on 29th October 1981 in Newport Beach, CA. She grew up with siblings, Leah and Taryn.
She was born Dan and Gayle. Her father was a Hotel and Restaurant Management Professor at Orange Coast College. And, Amanda's mother worked as an Art teacher at an Alternative High School in Irvine.
Youngest American Gold Medalist: Redmond Gerard Wiki: Age, Parents, Personal Life, 2018 Winter Olympics
During 1996, her parents legally separated but lived near each other; they shared the children's custody and were in friendly terms.
Interesting Facts About Her
- She stands at a height of 5 feet and 9 inches (1.75 m).
- Her birth sign is Scorpio.
- Amanda won her first gold medal when she was 14 years old at the 1996 Olympic games in Atlanta, Georgia.
- She drank beer for the first time at 14-years-old.
- Amanda was upset about her parents' divorce. She used to spend most of the time practicing swimming. It was an escape for her as she didn't have to talk to anyone.
- Back in August 2006, Amanda sold her lilliputian cottage located at Garfield Avenue, Venice, CA for $1,045,000. This cottage has three bedrooms, one bathroom and is in size of 981 square feet.
- Amanda is the recipient of the bronze medal at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games.
- The swimmer also set the world record at the Olympic Trials in July 2004 in the 200-meter breaststroke.
- Amanda has her own company, Beard Swim Com. In this company, she trains children to swim.