Albert Tsai Bio: Age, Birthday, Parents, Ethnicity, Is He Gay?
"Age is just a number; when there is a matter of success."
This saying is best proved by the young television actor, Albert Tsai. Well, you might be surprised to know that he started his professional career at the age of 9 with the most famous sitcom How I Met Your Mother in the episode called "Something Old" in May 2013.
Since then, he has made his breakthroughs in the series like Trophy Wife, Dr. Ken, CBS' 9JKL, and Disney Channel's Coop and Cami Ask the World. He has also made guest appearances on "Fresh Off The Boat," "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," "Hot In Cleveland," and "Benched."
In 2019, he amassed another success when he got to be featured as Peng in Universal Pictures and DreamWorks Animation's feature film Abominable.
Not only has he gained fame from Hollywood, but Albert has also been honored with awards like "Best Supporting Young Actor - Television Series" at the 2016 Young Entertainer Awards. Also, he was nominated for the 2014 Critics' Choice Television Awards, and "The Breakout TV Stars of 2013" by The Huffington Post, Hollywood.com, and E! Online.
Bio And Ethnicity
Albert was born in 2004 in San Jose, CA. He celebrates his birthday on 5th August.
Hey! Check This Out!: Kevin Olusola Wife, Wedding
As his ethnicity is Asian, he possesses all Asian features like chubby cheeks and chinky eyes. He stands at a height of 5 feet and 3 inches (1.6 meters).
Albert's Parents Detail
Albert is the only child of his parents, who are from an engineering background. They still work for Taiwanese semiconductor companies in Silicon Valley. His parents have a very tight work schedule as they have to travel from San Jose to Los Angeles and Taiwan and China.
Keep Surfing:Jeremy Strong Bio: Age, Movies, Net Worth
Speaking about his parent’s contribution in his career, they knew his talent when he was performing in a school play, and he was only seven years old at the time. From that day, his parents have been the pillar for him.
Albert Tsai and his mother ( Photo: Albert Tsai's Instagram)
Amongst his family members, Albert is very close to his mother. Interestingly, he takes permission from his mother before posting anything on his social media.
Interesting Facts About Him:
- Albert had to learn Yiddish for his role as Bert on ABC's Trophy Wife.
- He performed in choral concerts and piano recitals as a 7-year-old.
- He practices Kung-Fu.
- He speaks fluent Mandarin.
- His birth sign is Leo.
- He is the youngest actor nominated for 2014 Critics' Choice Television Awards; he was only 9 years old at the time.
- In Abominable, he starred opposite Chloe Bennet and Sarah Paulson.
- His personal quote is, “Believe in yourself, do what you love, and never give up”.
- Albert likes baking with his mother.
- He has been featured in the gay-related series named “Dr. Ken.” In the series, the character Clark Leslie Beavers is openly gay.