Joanne Clifton is a professional dancer, presenter, actress, and singer- who gained public attention as a finalist in BBC’s dancing reality show Strictly Dance Coming from 2014 to 2016.
Her journey to stardom is quite interesting; she was trained from the age of six by her parents as they are both dancers. Later, in 2000, Joanne also went to Italy to receive training at Team Diablo and returned as a fully skilled dancer.
All her hard work paid off once she became the winner of 2013’s World Ballroom Showdance Championship. Also, she served as an expert presenter on Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two in 2015.
Moreover, Joanne also made her musical theatre debut in 2015 with a production of Face the Music at Ye Olde Rose and Crown Theatre, playing Street Walker- for which she received an Offie nomination.
Strictly's Joanne Clifton Dating Status Now: Who Is Her Boyfriend?
Back in 2016, Joanne was said to be dating an actor named Joseph Edward-Bader.
Sensational Dancer's Love Life: Madison Haschak Wiki, Net Worth, Boyfriend
Talking about their link-up, the duo came in the limelight after they both appeared in the BBC dance competition, Strictly Come Dancing, in June 2016.
Joanne and Joseph were highly admired for their moves and romance, but the two walked different paths from February 2017 due to some undisclosed reasons.
Bio and Family Details
Joanne was born as Joanne Kirsty Clifton on 24th October 1983 in Waltham, England.
She is the daughter of Keith and Judy Clifton. Her parents are also dancers and former world champions; they even own a dance academy named Clifton Dance Academy.
Another Ballroom Dancer: Karina Smirnoff Is Pregnant, Baby Daddy, Husband,Dating History
Apart from her parents, Joanne has an older brother named Kevin Clifton, who is also a professional dancer and winner of the 16th season of Strictly Come Dancing. They both started learning the dance moves together at the young age of six.
Joanne Clifton wishes her brother, Kevin Clifton, a stroke of luck for 2019's Strictly Come Dancing on 19th September 2019 (Photo: Joanne Clifton's Instagram)
Interestingly, Joanne picked the ballroom, and her brother picked Latin dance as they didn't want to compete with each other. Also, they did participate in a dance show titled Burn the Floor, performing in the show's tour of Australia and Japan from April to May 2014.
- Joanne is a five-time British Champion and three-time Italian Champion. Similarly, she was Professional Ballroom European Champion in 2012 and Professional World Dancesport Games Champion in 2013
- The dancer won the Glitterball Trophy in 2016 with celebrity partner, Ore Oduba.
- She appeared in Norma Jean The Musical, playing the title character of Marilyn Monroe in 2016.
- She led the cast of Thoroughly Modern Millie, portraying the lead role of Millie Dillmount in the show’s UK tour in early 2017.
- She left dancing in 2017 to prepare herself for musical theatre. But, in 2020, she is slated to return to the cast of Burn the Floor and perform alongside her brother during a UK tour.
- She stands at a height of 5 feet and 2 inches (1.5m).
- Her birth sign is Scorpio.