Marta Kauffman Net Worth: How Rich Is Co-Creator Of Friends?
Marta Kaufmann is a screenwriter and an executive producer- who first entered Hollywood as a writer from the TV series Dream On (1990).
She later rose to stardom as the co-creator of the all-time famous sitcom, Friends (1994-2004). For her exceptional contribution to creating the ultimate hit series Friends along with Dave Crane, she was awarded a Primetime Emmy in 2002 and also a Norman Lear Achievement Award.
Personal Life: Husband, Children
Marta got married to the composer Michael Skloff in 1984.
Marta Kaufmann (second from left) and her ex-husband Michael Skloff (second from right) at an event (Photo: Daily Mail)
Together, they parent three children: a son and two daughters. Marta’s son is named Sam Skloff. Meanwhile, her daughters are named as Rose Skloff and Hannah Skloff.
After being married for over three decades, Marta and her husband Michael split their paths in 2015. And, they got legally separated from 2016, as per the divorce filed by Marta in 2015.
Who Is Michael Skloff?
Marta’s ex-husband, Michael, is a writer and composer. He is known for composing the theme song for the famous sitcom, Friends (1994-2004). Also, he has written songs for shows like Grace and Frankie (2015) and others.
Marta Kauffman Net Worth: How Rich Is The Co-Creator Of Friends?
As per Celebrity Net Worth, Marta has accumulated a total net worth of $400 million.
Bio, Age, And Education
The screenwriter was born as Marta Fran Kauffman on 21st September 1956 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Music Executive: Rich Dollaz (Music Executive) Net Worth 2018 | His Facts Unveil
She graduated from Marple Newtown High School. Later, she attended Brandeis University and received her BA in Theater in 1978.
Is There Gonna Be Friends Reunion?
As per the news published by E Online on 21st January 2020, Marta said that there might not be Friends Reunion, and gave several reasons to justify her decision.
Another Producer: Ryan Biegel Wiki, Net Worth, Family, Facts
According to Marta, the first reason is that the show was all about the time when the friends were family but the time has changed now. The second reason she gave was that the reunion could disappoint fans due to high expectations.
Interesting Facts About Her:
- Marta’s birth sign is Virgo.
- In 1987, Marta received her first writing credit as she wrote an episode of Everything's Relative.
- Marta also won the Cable ACE Award for Best Writing on a Comedy Series for her Dream On in 1993.
- Back in October 2016, Marta sold her house to decorator/TV personality Nate Berkus and his interior decorator husband, Jeremiah Brent, for $8 million. The house covers an area of 8,500-square-foot. And, it has six bedrooms, six bathrooms, plus a self-contained two-bedroom, one-bath guesthouse, and a detached three-car garage.
- In 2007, Marta bought an oceanfront home in Malibu’s exclusive Broad Beach for $15.725 million. But, after she got divorced from Michael, the mansion was on sale for $57.5 million in 2017.
- Marta never gets tired of talking and answering questions related to the famous sitcom Friends as she is proud of co-creating it.
- In 2015, Marta created, wrote, and directed the Netflix original series, Grace and Frankie.