Best known for hosting an ESPN's radio show titled Golic and Wingo, Mike Golic Jr. first rose to fame working alongside his father- Mike Golic Sr.
While hosting the show, he brings all his knowledge related to football and pop culture. Also, he is the regular fixture on the shows such as the Super Bowl, NFL Draft, and College Football Playoff Selection Show.
Mike is also the former football player as he played as an offensive lineman with the University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
Personal Life: Dating Status
Back in 2019, Mike admitted through his Twitter that he had a girlfriend when one of his followers asked the reason for his interest in the reality show, Bachelors.
As a response to the query, Mike answered that he began watching the show while he was in a relationship with an ex-girlfriend. He also claimed that the same reason applied for his love for gas station snacks and Taco Bell.
Bio: Age, Family, And Education
Mike was born as Michael Louis Golic Jr. on 8th September 1989 in Voorhees Township, New Jersey.
Another ESPN's Host: Michael Wilbon [ESPN] Bio: Age, Wife, Married, Family, Net Worth
He was born to his parents: father Mike Golic Sr. and mother, Christine. His father is a host for ESPN and a former NFL player.
Mike Golic Jr (in left) with his father, Mike Golic Sr (Photo: ESPN)
Mike also has two siblings in his family: a brother named Jake and a sister called Sydney. Jake played tight end at Notre Dame.
He attended Northwest Catholic High School.
Later, he enrolled at the University of Notre Dame and received a Bachelor’s degree in film, television, and theater in 2012.
Who is Mike’s Father?
Mike’s father is famous as the host for ESPN Radio’s Golic and Wingo, alongside his son and Trey Wingo.
Previously, he played football as the defensive tackle for Houston Oilers from the year 1986 to 1987 and Philadelphia Eagles from the year 1987 to 1992. Also, he played for the Miami Dolphins in 1993.
Next Footballer: Who Is NFL Brooks Reed Married To? Wife & Baby Details
Similarly, Mike Sr. was named honorary captain of the home team Philadelphia Eagles while playing against the Carolina Panthers on 10th November 2014.
Mike’s net worth is $500k as per Celebrity Net Worth, which is charged through his profession as the broadcaster and former football player.
Interesting Facts About Him
- His birth sign is Libra.
- Mike played football as an offensive guard at West Hartford Northwest Catholic High School. Also, he played his college football at Notre Dame. He also spent time with Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013, the New Orleans Saints in 2014, and the Saints again in 2015 by practicing, though he was not selected.
- Mike played for the Brooklyn Bolts of the FXFL and was an All-Star in 2014.
- Mike’s mom, Christine, graduated from Saint Mary's College.
- He joined ESPN in 2015 by teaming up with his father for the college football podcast called Mike & Mike Jr.
- Mike has also worked as a host for the weekend program Rothenberg Mike’d Up on ESPN Radio with Dave Rothenberg and Michael Wallace. Also, he joined with Stu & Jr for the ESPN Radio’s Jon Stugotz Weiner on the Sunday morning show, Weekend Observations.
- Back in 2016, Mike signed a one-year contract with New Orleans Saints with an annual salary of $435,000.