Russell Simmons Net Worth: How Rich Is American Entrepreneur?
|Date of Birth||October 04, 1957|
|Age||63 Years 6 Month(s)|
|Wife/Spouse||Kimora Lee Simmons (M.1998 – Div.2009)|
|Net Worth||$340 Million|
|Children/Kids||Ming Lee Simmons, Aoki Lee Simmons (Daughters)|
|Education||City College of New York, August Martin High School|
|Parents||Daniel Simmons(Father), Evelyn Simmons(Mother)|
|Siblings||Joseph Simmons, Danny Simmons (Brothers)|
Russell Simmons is the hip-hop mogul, who co-founded the music label Def Jam Recordings in 1984. He is also an entrepreneur as he established Rush Communications Inc.
Apart from his career as a business magnate, Russell is also a writer and producer. He is recognized for the works in movies like The Nutty Professor (1996), Dude, Where's My Car? (2000), and It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010).
Furthermore, Russell has also represented himself as an author by publishing multiple books called Life and Def: Sex, Drugs, Money, and God (2001), Do You!: 12 Laws to Access the Power in You to Achieve Happiness and Success (2007), and more.
Former Wife Info, Wedding & Divorce
Russell first met Kimora Lee Simmons during New York City’s Fashion Week in November 1992. At that time, Russell was 35 years old; whereas, Kimora was just 17 years old and was about to finish her high school.
The couple eventually got married on 20th December 1998. The wedding ceremony took place at the Caribbean island of Saint Barthelemy.
Wealthy Entrepreneur: Tiffany Rivers [Philip Rivers' Wife] Wiki: Age, Net Worth, Family, Facts
However, the relationship didn't last forever as the husband-wife duo split in 2006. The divorce was finalized nearly three years later in 2009.
Russell's Kids From Ex-Wife
Russell has two daughters named Ming Lee Simmons and Aoki Lee Simmons from his ex-wife, Kimora Lee Simmons.
His first daughter, Ming, was born on 21st January 2000.
Russell Simmons with his daughters, Aoki Lee Simmons (in right) and Ming Lee Simmons (in left) on 17th July 2017 (Photo: Ming Lee Simmons's Instagram)
Likewise, Russell’s second daughter, Aoki, was born on 16th August 2002.
Russell Simmons' Net Worth
Russell has accumulated a total net worth of $340 million as per Celebrity Net Worth.
Bio, Age, And Education
Russell was born on 4th October in 1957 in Queens, New York, USA.
Another Author: Anne Rice Wiki, Net Worth | Everything About American Author
He was the second son to his father, Daniel Simmons, and mother, Evelyn. His father was a teacher; whereas, his mother was an administrator.
Further, he has an older brother named Daniel and a younger brother named Joseph Simmons.
Russell attended the City College of New York in Harlem.
Sexual Assault Charges
Back in 2017, Russell was accused of sexual misconduct by four women, including screenwriter Jenny Lumet.
The same year, he was also accused of rape by four more women, including filmmaker Jennifer Jarosik. She even sued him for an amount of $5 million.
In his defense, Russell denied all the allegations and expressed his shock in the matter.
"I vehemently deny these allegations. These horrific accusations have shocked me to my core and all of my relations have been consensual."
However, as a result of the accusations, Russell stepped down in 2017 from the companies- which he had co-founded.
Interesting facts About Him:
- Russell stands at a height stretching 5 feet and 8 inches (1.7 m).
- The house, which he bought in 2013 for $5.88 million in Los Angeles, was on sale for $8.25 million in 2018. This house is built in area of 6,288-square-foot. It has six bedrooms and seven bathrooms.
- Back in 2001, Russell bought a Saddle River’s mansion for $13.5 million. But, he sold it for $10 million in 2010. However, in June 2018, the mansion was again in sale for almost $18.9 million in the market.
- Russell have also published books like Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All (2011), The Art Album: Hip Hop and the Visual Arts (2012), The Art Album: Exploring the Connection Between Hip-Hop Music and Visual Art (2013), Success Through Stillness (2014), and The Happy Vegan: A Guide to Living a Long, Healthy, and Successful Life (2015).
- In 2009, Russell recieved Vanguard Award from the Image Awards. Also, he won a PGA Visionary Award in 2013.
- The hip-hop mogul dated the model Hana Nitsche in 2012.
- Back in 2017, Russell was in a relationship with Baywatch actress, Donna D'Errico.