HGTV's Scott McGillivray Net Worth & Personal Life Insight
While in college, Scott McGillivray found out that many students were struggling to find properties for rent. Soon, he decided to make his career in business and renovating houses.
As a result, Scott bought a house and rented it to the students as he became a licensed contractor at a young age.
After finding success as a house dealer, Scott debuted on television by appearing in HGTV's show, Debbie Travis’ Facelift (2003-2005). Scott later made a marvelous turnover in his career after hosting another HGTV show, Income Property.
Additionally, the TV host has also appeared in other shows like Moving the McGillivrays, Buyers Bootcamp, and more.
Married Life With Teacher Wife; Kids Info
Scott has been married to Sabrina McGillivray- a teacher by profession- since 2009. The duo first encountered each other while they were on vacation.
Another TV Host: Mike Golic Jr. Family Overview & Personal Life Status Now
During their holiday, Scott invited Sabrina to catch up on his volleyball match, but she declined it. But, later, they started dating- which eventually led the two to tie the wedding knot in June 2009.
Scott McGillivray and wife Sabrina McGillivray on 16 February 2020 (Photo: Scott Mcgillivray's Instagram)
Together, Scott and his wife Sabrina are lucky to be blessed with two daughters: Myah McGillivray and Layla McGillivray.
Net Worth Amount
According to Celeb Tattler, Scott has a net worth of $4 million.
Bio: Height, Age, And Education
Scott McGillivray stands at a height measuring 6 feet (1.83m).
He was born on 7 April 1978 in Canada. He belongs to white ethnicity and holds Canadian nationality.
Meet Next Host: Don Lemon Salary, Net Worth | How Much is CNN's Gay Host Worth?
In 2001, Scott received a degree in Commerce from the University of Guelph.
Quick Facts About Scott McGillivray
- His birth sign is Aries.
- When Scott was in high school, his friends used to call him Prez as he was the President of the school body for two years.
- Scott’s wife, Sabrina, has a private property investment firm though she is a teacher by profession.
- Back in October 2014, Scott was listed as one of the sexiest men in People magazine's Sexiest Man of the Week.
- In September 2016, he renovated his Toronto-based home into a custom-based home.
- Back in April 2017, Scott bought a home in Canada. The home has a master bedroom,
- The licensed contractor has also served as a judge on Canada's Handyman Challenge.
- Scott’s show called Income Property, which originally premiered in 2008 and went off the air in 2016, is one of the longest shows ever to be broadcasted on HGTV.
- As a dealer, he has experience of being involved in over 100 real-estate deals.
- The host also has a YouTube series called Good to Grow, which is related to his family’s love and passion for growing their food.
- Scott loves to spend his vacation in Hawaii, New York, and Las Vegas.
- Scott is also an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity.