Tim Leissner is the former chairman of Goldman Sachs' South East Asia division. He gained notoriety after getting involved in the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) scandal.
Dig in to explore his personal and professional life, including the details of his wife, married life & bio.
Tim Leissner's Married Life, Children
Tim has been married to Kimora Lee Simmons since 2013.
Tim Leissner and his wife Kimora Lee Simmons on 17th June 2019 (Photo: Kimora Lee Simmons's Instagram)
Together, they are blessed with two sons named Wolfe and Gray.
Among the two, Wolfe is Tim's biological son and was born in April 2015. Similarly, the couple's second son Gray was adopted on 24th January 2020.
Who Is Kimora Lee Simmons? Her Dating History
Tim’s wife, Kimor,a is a former fashion model. She has done the ramp walk for fashion designers like Fendi, Yves Saint Laurent, Emanuel Ungaro, and Valentino.
She is also an actress with credits in films like Brown Sugar (1971), For Love or Money (1993), The Big Tease (1999), Beauty Shop (2005), Rebound (2009), and Waist Deep (2006).
Besides this, she is also a fashion designer, entrepreneur, and TV producer. She has accumulated a total net worth of $50 million, as per Celebrity Net Worth.
Another Model: Hailey Baldwin Bio, Boyfriend, Parents; Details To Know About American Model
Previously, Kimora was married to an American entrepreneur, hip hop record producer, and author named Russell Simmons in 1998. But they walked different paths from 2006 and got divorced in the year 2009. Kimora has two daughters: Ming and Aoki, from her former relationship. Her daughter Ming was born on 21st January 2000; whereas, Aoki was born on 16th August 2002.
Further, she had dated a model-actor named Djimon Hounsou from 2007 to 2012. From Djimon, she has a son called Kenzo- born in May 2009.
Tim Leissner's Wiki Details
Tim was born on 31st October 1971.
His father was an AG executive for Volkswagen in Yugoslavia during the Bosnian War.
Wealthy Businessman: Howard Graham Buffett, Warren Buffett's Son: Net Worth & Family Life
Tim graduated from the University of Siegen in Germany.
Later, he matriculated at the University of Hartford in Connecticut and received a Master’s degree in Business Administration in 1992.
Interesting Facts About Him
- Tim joined Goldman Sachs in 1998.
- Allegedly, Tim was accused of being involved in arranging $6.5 billion in loans for the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) between 2009 and 2014. During that process, he earned $43.7 million for himself.
- Tim left Goldman Sachs in 2016 as soon as the U.S. Justice Department and Malaysian authorities began investigating the case.
- The charges against him were filed only in 2017.
- Back in December 2018, the Monetary Authority of Singapore punished Tim with a 10-year prohibition. Also, it restricted him from performing any capital market services in Singapore.
- As per the news published by Forbes on 21st January 2020, Tim did agree to forfeit $43.7 million in 2018. Also, the 1MDB issue is not over yet as it is going to be on the process for years.