Camille Schrier Wiki, Age, Education, Family Info Of Miss America 2020
Camille Schrier is "Miss America, 2020." She has been competing in beauty pageants since the age of 14. In the midst, she also became a 'Miss Biochemist,' 'Miss Systems Biologist,' and 'Miss Future PharmD.'
Apart from modeling, she also has a passion for science.
Camille Schrier Wiki- Age, Education
Camille was born on 1 July 1995. She has dual undergraduate degrees in biochemistry and systems biology from Virginia Tech. She minored in Chemistry and graduated Cum Laude.
Currently, she is studying for her doctorate at Virginia Commonwealth University and hopes to get a doctor of pharmacy degree.
Explore This: Who is Allie Brooke? Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Facts
Miss America 2020
The 'Miss Virginia 2019,' Camille Schrier was chosen as the winner of the competition by three celebrity judges panel.
On Thursday night at the Mohegan Sun Earth Expo & Convention Center in Uncasville, Connecticut, she was crowned the title by Miss America 2019 Nia Franklin beating the other 50 contestants for the crown, including the tough contestant Miss Georgia Vitori Hill, a runner up.
Similarly, Miss Oklahoma Addison Price finished as the second runner up, and Miss Connecticut Jillian Duffy secured her position as the third runner up.
In the talent competition of the beauty pageant, Camille demonstrated the catalytic decomposition of hydrogen peroxide (which occurs after hydrogen peroxide makes contact with a catalyst like potassium iodide). Furthermore, her campaign platform was STEM awareness and drug safety.
The 'Miss America 2020' won a $1000 scholarship after she impressed judges with a science experiment in the talent show of the competition.
The representative of the Miss America organization, Camille, would likely receive a six-figure salary and work with “professionals passionate about creating more opportunities for women."
In addition to that, her title also comes with a $300,000 scholarship a year and the responsibility of representing the organization for a year. Initially, she took a $22,000 scholarship with the title of 'Miss Virginia' in 2019.
Camille is the daughter of Cheryl Schrier and Tom Schrier. Her mother, Cheryl, is also a former beauty pageant competitor who helped Camille to prepare for the beauty contests.
Interesting Facts About Miss America 2020
- The 'Miss America 2020' is looking forward to building her career in the pharmaceutical industry.
- She had also stated with the ‘VCU News' in aim to be like Bill Nye(the science guy). She wants kids to grow their interest in science.
- Camille was always an athletic kid.
- She discovered her love for science when she was in eighth grade.
- As ‘Miss Virginia 2019’, she visited schools, children’s hospitals, and veterans hospital to serve as a special guest.
- Camille also performed a science experiment during the talent portion of Miss Virginia competition in 2019 demonstrating catalytic decomposition of hydrogen peroxide.